Keep it growing. Pass Flower Garden News on to Friends and Family.
Shop who you know! Shop at well known companies and stores.
- Investigate where you want to shop. For reassurance that the company you wish to buy from is a reputable one, check with the Better Business Bureau for reassurance.
- Doing a 'search' on the Internet on a particular company can provide you with answers to questions you may have.
- Look to see if there is a customer service phone number and address. Contact information is good customer service. It also allows to call to get answers to questions you may have. It is a good idea to be cautious if no phone number or address is listed; you may want to shop somewhere else.
Your Security and Privacy Things you might need to know and look for before considering making a purchase online.
- Look for and read Security and Privacy Policies. It may provide you with important information as to what is done with your personal information after you make a purchase. As well it may provide you with security information.
- Know your rights and know the company. Many good companies will offer a phone number to call if you still have questions or concerns you want answered before buying online at their store.
- Print out any policies for your own records and quick reference if needed.
- Look for the 'closed locked keypad' icon located at the bottom corner of your browser outside of the web page that requires you to fill in personal information. This is important when filling in payment information and personal information on a company or stores web page. The locked padlock icon shows the connection is encrypted. Double click on the locked keypad to view the companies certificate. Make sure the name on the certificate matches the web site you are on and going to buy from.
- Look for a 'S' in the beginning of the page's web address. The 'S' = Secure. This is another sign of security. The 'S' is should be on any web page that requires you to enter any personal information and payment information for the payment and buying process online. For example: https://....... If there is no 's' think twice before proceeding, and going somewhere else to shop.
- Look for Secure Socket Layers or SSL certificate. This is security feature that can be used by websites to encrypt your personal information when given over the Internet.
Know the return policy and cancellation policy. Read information provided on the return policy of the company you wish to purchase from. The cancellation policy is important to know. This way you know your rights before you make a decision to buy. If in doubt call the company to confirm policies. It is always a good idea to keep a printed record of policies. Print out all information you think is important. Keep these for future reference if needed.
Information to get about the product you are ready to buy. Know exactly what you are paying for. Know how much it costs, and what you are getting. If in doubt call and confirm.
- Know the delivery date when you can expect the product to arrive. - Again, know the return policy and cancellation policy. Keep records. - Know the terms of any guarantees. Print out copy for records. - Know your shipping and handling costs. Print out copy for records.
Some Payment options. There are different types of payment options provided by companies and stores.
- Credit Cards - Know your terms and conditions of your credit card to learn what your liability limit is. Many credit cards provide you with great fraud protection and tips to preventing fraudulent use of your credit card. For Example: Visa has a great liability policy. Read information on their liability policy and online security programs. For full details and information on Visa; To visit their site, Click Here
- Online companies that provide services for shopping online is another common option of payment.
- PayPal is an online company that allows you to send payments securely online. Visit PayPal.com to read information on PayPal's protection and security.
Print out copy of any payment agreement and payment document for your records with all purchases. Handy for future follow up and reference.
"I found out this information when I looked into shopping online. I hope you find this to be a helpful tart if you too are looking into shopping on the Internet."
Buying online? I was extremely nervous of shopping online. Mostly, because I had no idea what was safe. I needed to know what to look for and what was going to keep my personal information secure. So, I did some searching and found this information to be very helpful. I hope you find it as helpful as I did.